Sr. Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Quantcast is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join the Common Tools and Services team in our San Francisco office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast uses machine learning to drive human learning. We've built one of the largest computing infrastructures on the planet, collecting a constant stream of data from over 100 billion events a day, across 100+ million directly-measured destinations. In addition to this global network, Quantcast has engineered premier map-reduce and real-time processing clusters at a massive scale, processing an average of 30+ PB of data every single day for various machine learning and data mining applications.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Common Tools team, you will build and modify services that form the backbone of Quantcast's infrastructure. Much of our workload is run on kubernetes, but triggered and managed by internal systems that make it easy to spin up a web service or batch job in minutes, with DNS, SSL, logging and metric aggregation configured automatically. You will be responsible for making major improvements to these systems, adding functionality and options, and establishing best practices for developing, deploying, and monitoring software which will be used across the organization.
You will also be part of a nurturing environment where we help each other grow and learn. You will be trusted to undertake major initiatives that have substantial impacts on customers and Quantcast. You will be in charge of scaling our infrastructure to meet the demands of our growing pipeline and web processing.
We hope that you will bring your passion, and together we can create an environment to enable fast iteration and stable development across our organization.
- Design, implement and operate complex technical systems to deliver product features
- Coordinate with other teams to identify and resolve the cross-team dependencies
- Lead the planning and execution of large projects to drive business outcome
- Support and develop the members of the team by providing regular and constructive feedback on code, design, and process
- Share knowledge and best practices within the team and among the broader engineering organization.
- Participate in team-wide on-call rotations
- Bachelor's degrees in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of industry experience in software development
- Deep understanding of various web technologies, distributed computing, and MVC frameworks
- Experience with RDBMS, Postgres preferred
- Experience with kubernetes and/or clound infrastructure
- Passion for new technologies and the process of software development
- Experience with GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, and gRPC is a big plus
Quantcast is an advertising technology company and the creator of an innovative intelligent audience platform that empowers brands, agencies and publishers to know and grow their audiences online. Our solutions are leveling the playing field for our customers when it comes to effectively reaching audiences online and helping them power a thriving free and open internet for everyone. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top