Software Engineer (Optimization), Prospecting
The Prospecting team’s vision is to help our customers better understand their audiences and to deliver relevant advertising across all internet media. The team builds and operates real time prediction and control systems that power all our advertising products at scale. This means getting up-close and personal with cutting edge machine learning techniques and advertising delivery systems. You’ll have the opportunity to leverage Quantcast’s massive computing power to build robust and scalable applications that deliver advertising to appropriate audiences 24x7.
We are looking for top tier talent to solve day-to-day advertising campaign issues, identify opportunities to improve our advertising delivery technologies, and implement those improvements to reach relevant audiences on behalf of our advertisers. We are interested in software engineer with a strong production development background as well as expertise in optimization, control systems, and machine learning.
You will work within a world class modeling group of scientists and engineers that spans multiple product teams and collaborates closely with our scientific advisors, Stanford professors Jerome Friedman and Trevor Hastie. As leaders in the fields of data mining and statistics, both professors take an active interest in Quantcast and our ongoing work.
- Design, build and operate automated platforms for running complex targeted advertising
- Investigate system issues, identify root causes, and design solutions
- Improve existing advertising systems to optimize tradeoff between performance, delivery and cost
- Implement algorithms for production systems responsible for real time audience targeting on Real Time Bidding (RTB) exchanges
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to develop best practices in campaign setup, execution and optimization
- Be part of on-call rotation (approximately 4x a year)- we build and operate our own products!
- Generate and review proposals for further research and development directions
- Participate in machine learning study group and present findings to stakeholders as needed
- M.S. or above in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics or related technical field; Ph.D. preferred
- Expertise in these areas: classification, control systems, optimization, clustering, and recommendation systems
- Fluency in Java, C++, Python or similar object oriented programming languages
- Strong analytical, planning and communication skills
- Preferred: Experience in developing production software
- Preferred: Experience in Distributed Computing / MapReduce, key value stores like HBase
- Proven ability to lead technical projects from conception to production
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top