Our entire industry is changing with the retirement of third party cookies and Quantcast is well positioned to benefit from the opportunities this brings. As a Software Engineer on Audience Signals you will drive critical work to transition our systems and products to work without third party cookies.
Our systems cover: processing millions of events every second, interactive queries on trillions of data points, insights and modeling on petabytes of data, and simple customer facing portals. You will have the opportunity to work on each of these systems, partnering with other engineering teams, product managers, and others as you research, test, and implement new alternatives to cookies.
- Work as part of a cross-functional product team to understand cookie less challenges, design and build large, distributed solutions that solve for these
- Use Python and Spark to perform analysis on Quantcast’s vast data set on internet activity
- Communicate knowledge and innovative methodologies within the team and the engineering organization
- Participate in a team-wide on-call rotation
- Basic understanding of distributed systems
- Proficient in Python, Java and/or Golang
- 3 years of software engineering experience, including internships
- Bachelor’s or higher degree (We recognize that knowledge and skills equivalent to those earned in a degree program can also be achieved via nontraditional paths, and welcomes applicants with nontraditional training.)
- Experience with Spark a plus
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies a plus
Quantcast is an advertising technology company and the creator of an innovative intelligent audience platform that empowers brands, agencies and publishers to know and grow their audiences online. Our solutions are leveling the playing field for our customers when it comes to effectively reaching audiences online and helping them power a thriving free and open internet for everyone. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast has adopted a hybrid work model. The model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. The effectiveness of the implementation may differ based on location or team, so please consult with your manager for further information. Through at least the end of 2021, we are providing additional flexibility, including relaxing the in-office schedule and offering flexibility around the number of days and which day one is required to be in the office. Hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or apply for our fully-remote work program. To ensure the safety of everyone, all U.S. employees working from a Quantcast office or who meet clients are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Outside of the U.S., we encourage all employees to get vaccinated.