Senior Systems Engineer, Inventory Quality
Quantcast is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer to work on the Inventory Quality Team in our London office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast runs the world’s largest AI-driven insights and measurement platform directly quantifying over 100 million web destinations. Using machine learning to drive human learning, Quantcast provides brand marketers and publishers with meaningful audience insights, predictive targeting and measurement solutions across the customer journey.
London is one of 3 engineering centers from where Quantcast builds, operates and improves its entire tech stack. Quantcast follows a total ownership model with each team owning development, QA and operations for their software.
In London, we build and run core services for Quantcast’s advertising product, such as our inventory platform, our anti-fraud & brand-safety systems and client-facing campaign configuration services. We are looking for experienced engineers with a real passion for DevOps and automation, to help us increase our pace of innovation and shipping improvements across these services.
As a Systems Engineer, you care about the health & maintainability of our systems and the velocity of the engineering teams. You write code, architect and design systems, build out proof of concepts, and compare and contrast technology alternatives that improve systems and automation throughout our products and tech stack. You love cloud technology and enjoy working with technical teams on big problems, and you are an excellent self-directed learner.
- Engineer, operate and constantly improve large scale global systems that respond to 100s of billions of requests per day, peaking at QPS of millions
- Innovate with new designs and optimizations to enhance the performance, elasticity and fault-tolerance of existing infrastructure
- Create and operate mission-critical monitoring/measurement and alarm/alert systems
- Engineer and operate solutions for automation, configuration management, CI/CD, software troubleshooting and system troubleshooting
- Provide tooling for other software engineers to run their services
- BA/BSc degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
- Experience with continuous integration systems (e.g. Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity)
- Experience with operating on public clouds (AWS, GAE, Microsoft Azure etc)
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience in Bash is a must. Other scripting languages such as Python or Ruby is a bonus
Posting Closure date: 17 October 2018
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and employs more than 700 employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.
Back to top