Senior Systems Engineer, Edge Services
Here's what you might do over the course of a typical week on our team:
- Through analyzing and monitoring an Edge service you find a way to make the system more stable under network partition
- You write the necessary code alongside unit tests, and then verify your assumptions while incrementally deploying your change
- You clarify the way our physical machines receive and bootstrap their configuration, test it through unit tests and canaries, and then incrementally deploy it to our fleet of machines
- You collaborate with peers to write or review technical design proposals, and provide feedback for challenging technical questions
- You contribute to internal tools that help us improve our development process and scale our systems.
Here are things we consider critical to being a Senior Systems Engineer:
- You think about systems — their edge cases, failure modes, and life cycles
- When things break — and they will — you are eager and able to help fix them
- You've been building and operating complex systems for 5+ years and can demonstrate things you’ve accomplished
- You have deep knowledge of Unix systems — how they fail, and how we can run them well
- You know how the web works; you know HTTP and TCP/IP and what a good API looks like
- You are a strong communicator; explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- You have prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems
- You have detailed experience with system configuration-management systems like Puppet, Chef, or Salt
- You've used AWS or other cloud providers to operate large services
Meet Some of Quantcast's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Rodney manages a book of accounts in Northern California in order to assist clients. He helps integrate new products and strategies in order to build business.
Back to top