Senior Systems Engineer, Edge Services
Here's what you might do over the course of a typical week on our team:
- Through analyzing and monitoring an Edge service you find a way to make the system more stable under network partition.
- You write the necessary code alongside unit tests, and then verify your assumptions while incrementally deploying your change.
- You clarify the way our physical machines receive and bootstrap their configuration, test it through unit tests and canaries, and then incrementally deploy it to our fleet of machines.
- You collaborate with peers to write or review technical design proposals, and provide feedback for challenging technical questions. You contribute to internal tools that help us improve our development process and scale our systems.
Here are things we consider critical to being a Senior Systems Engineer:
- You think about systems — their edge cases, failure modes, and life cycles.
- When things break — and they will — you are eager and able to help fix them.
- You've been building and operating complex systems for 5+ years and can demonstrate things you’ve accomplished.
- You have deep knowledge of Unix systems — how they fail, and how we can run them well.
- You know how the web works. You know HTTP and TCP/IP and what a good API looks like.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you. You
- have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- You have prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems.
- You have detailed experience with system configuration-management systems like Puppet, Chef, or Salt.
- You've used AWS or other cloud providers to operate large services.
Meet Some of Quantcast's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Rodney manages a book of accounts in Northern California in order to assist clients. He helps integrate new products and strategies in order to build business.
Back to top