Senior Systems Engineer, Edge Services
Quantcast seeks distributed systems enthusiasts, networking diehards, and performance aficionados to join our Edge Services team!
This tight-knit group of cavaliers is tasked with conquering the vast Internet badlands as they develop and maintain Quantcast's high-performance network edge--a world-class, globally-distributed data infrastructure that handles peak loads of 2 million requests per second -- each served in milliseconds.
Systems engineers on the Edge Services team are serious about building & running high-throughput, low-latency systems. Whether it's replacing your predecessor with a shell script or debugging kernel locks, you will bring out every drop of performance and reliability to let everyone sleep well at night.
- Engineer and operate solutions for automation, configuration management, deployment, software troubleshooting, system troubleshooting, etc.
- Innovate with new designs and optimizations to enhance the performance of existing infrastructure
- Create and operate mission-critical monitoring/measurement and alarm/alert systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field & 5+ years of related work experience
- Flexibility to deal with novel and fast-paced deployment environments
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems administration
- Knowledge of networking protocols (on the wire and by RFC), especially TCP/IP, HTTP/S, DNS, and other internet services
- Experience with package-management systems (e.g., RPM) for building and deploying custom software
- Planning, prioritization and time-management skills
- Experience with system configuration-management systems (e.g., CFEngine, Puppet, Chef)
- Proficiency in multiple scripting languages (e.g., shell, Python, Ruby)
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top