Senior Systems Engineer (Devops), London
In London, we build and run core services for Quantcast’s advertising product, such as our inventory modeling platform, our anti-fraud systems, client-facing campaign configuration services and the experimental framework that underpins performance improvements and A/B testing across the organisation. We are looking for experienced engineers with a passion for devops and automation, to help us increase our pace of innovation and shipping improvements across these services.
As a Senior Systems Engineer (Devops) you care about the productivity of others. You write code, architect and design systems, build out proof of concepts, and compare and contrast technology alternatives that drive improved automation throughout our product development lifecycle. You love cloud technology and enjoy working with technical teams on big problems, and you are an excellent self-directed learner.
- Engineer and operate solutions for automation, configuration management, CI/CD, software troubleshooting and system troubleshooting
- Innovate with new designs and optimizations to enhance the performance, elasticity and fault-tolerance of existing infrastructure
- Create and operate mission-critical monitoring/measurement and alarm/alert systems
- Provide tooling for other software engineers to run their services
- BA/BSc degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
- Experience with continuous integration systems (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity)
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g. shell, Python, Ruby)
- Working knowledge of networking and web standards (such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls, load balancers)
- Working knowledge of cloud computing including virtualization, hosted services, multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems and content delivery networks
- Familiarity with open source server software (such as HAProxy, Apache, NGINX) and Amazon Web Services
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, use big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Become part of a global company, join our team in London! Besides its great location, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks are provided daily with Happy Hour on Friday afternoons! Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top