Senior Systems Engineer, Developer Tools
Quantcast is hiring an engineer to provide tools and services that will support all engineering efforts company-wide. Candidates for this position will use skills ranging from software engineering and system administration to customer service and technical writing to create best-in-class tools to make engineers more efficient, more productive, and generally happier with their lives.
Specific duties include designing and developing large-scale applications, automating application builds and deployments, and providing written documentation and operational support for a variety of services provided by the team, both newly built and pre-existing.
The ideal candidate thrives on helping others while is a competent engineer with operations experience.
- Work with developers to determine what tools and services we could provide to make them more efficient and productive
- Create and manage software projects to design, implement, deliver, document, and support those tools and services
- Maintain and enhance build and deployment systems
- Work with development teams to design and promote best practices in release engineering and service operations
- M.S. in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other related field and 2 years of professional experience as a software/operations engineer or B.S. in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other related field and 5 years of professional experience as a software/operations engineer
- Experience with at least one compiled language (Java/C++)
- Experience with at least one interpreted language (Python/Perl/bash/Ruby)
- Linux system administration/automation experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication and documentation skills
- Organized, detail-oriented personality
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top