Quantcast is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer to work on the Bidder Services Team in our London office.
At Quantcast, we use technology to help brands and publishers understand, reach and influence the constantly-changing behaviors of consumers. In the Real-time Bidding Platforms group we respond to millions of real-time requests each second. If you’re interested in helping us grow these critical, fast, large scale distributed systems then we’d like to meet.
As a Systems Engineer, you care about the health and maintainability of our systems and the velocity of the engineering team(s). You write code, architect and design systems, build out proof of concepts, and compare and contrast technology alternatives that improve systems and automation throughout our products and tech stack. You love cloud technology and enjoy working with technical teams on big problems, and you are an excellent self-directed learner.
- Engineer, operate and constantly improve large scale global systems that respond to 100s of billions of requests per day, peaking at QPS of millions
- Innovate with new designs and optimizations to improve the performance, elasticity and fault-tolerance of existing infrastructure
- Create and operate mission-critical monitoring/measurement and alarm/alert systems
- Engineer and operate solutions for automation, configuration management, CI/CD, software troubleshooting and system troubleshooting
- Provide tooling for other software engineers to run their services
- 5+ years of experience as a System Engineer, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer
- Experience with cloud environments like AWS and using tools such as Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes or Spinnaker
- Experience delivering significant improvements in scale, runtime, cost, features or reliability under little supervision
- Degree in a topic related to Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Linux system administration/automation experience
- Experience with shell programming languages such as Python/Bash/Perl
Quantcast is an advertising technology company and the creator of an innovative intelligent audience platform that empowers brands, agencies and publishers to know and grow their audiences online. Our solutions are leveling the playing field for our customers when it comes to effectively reaching audiences online and helping them power a thriving free and open internet for everyone. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast has adopted a hybrid work model. The model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. The effectiveness of the implementation may differ based on location or team, so please consult with your manager for further information. Through at least the end of 2021, we are providing additional flexibility, including relaxing the in-office schedule and offering flexibility around the number of days and which day one is required to be in the office. Hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or apply for our fully-remote work program. To ensure the safety of everyone, all U.S. employees working from a Quantcast office or who meet clients are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Outside of the U.S., we encourage all employees to get vaccinated.