The Web Core team is responsible for developing and maintaining the shared application infrastructure used by other teams within the organization to develop externally facing applications. Some of these tools include authentication, authorization, navigation panels, load-balancing, A/B infrastructure, deployment services as well as supporting the Marketing site.
As a software engineer, you will have an opportunity to define several fundamental components to our website architecture including the system level a/b routing service , drive web development best practices and take ownership of important core applications such as authentication and authorization. Working in a team with several internal customers will give you the opportunity to have a major impact on the success of our large-scale web applications and their development.
The ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience developing and maintaining mission-critical web applications. They will be adept at defining and documenting APIs, writing service tests and analyzing performance. This person will be a process-champion, confident in their ability to get team buy-in to do things the right way.
Our toolchain involves Java Play Framework applications, HAProxy, NGINX, Jenkins, Puppet and Fabric. We are moving our infrastructure from physical hardware to EC2 over the coming months and intend to move toward a continuous deployment system as well.
- Develop, deploy and monitor a high profile website and its underlying critical services
- Develop and maintain continuous deployment architectures
- Develop innovative solutions to large-scale data transfer challenges
- Improve the performance of our web applications and solve scaling issues
- Develop automation and improvements to our deployment, monitoring, and testing processes
- Serve on our on-call rotation with other engineers on the team
- Experience developing web applications in an MVC framework
- Proficient in Java Development best practices
- Experience in modern deploy and release processes (e.g. agile; continuous integration; git; code reviews)
- Proficient in using command line tools to quickly summarize, triage, and fix production issues: (e.g. lsof, awk, netstat, find, etc)
- Deep understanding of all things "web" -- HTTP, HTML, DNS, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in Web development
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, EE or related field desired, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing with the Play framework in Java or Scala
- Experience with monitoring technologies (e.g. daemontools, Nagios, Ganglia)
- Experience with some other programming language such as Go, Python or Ruby
- Experience architecting applications to run on AWS EC2
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor