The Segment Data team is looking for a senior software engineer.
This small, fast pacing and innovative team is currently solving a complex business problem by developing a brand new self-service platform, dealing with enormous quantities of data. We love surfing on the edge of cutting-edge technologies, whilst at the same time solving rudimentary problems related to big data. We work in an open and startup-like culture, where everyone makes impact in their own way.
We are looking for a self-starter who is keen on taking up challenges of performance and optimization in the big data world. One who can own the product, and aggressively drives the results with continuous focus on quality and customer experience. A great coder who takes pride in solving complex and interesting problems, yet giving enough attention to details. Keen to learn new technologies and has an ability to exercise it for betterment of the product.
- Take full ownership of the product pipeline and drive features end to end.
- Interact with customers, understand different use cases and turn those into platform features.
- Design and develop software to meet high scale and performance requirements.
- Deploy and operate the platform in production environment. Identify production issues and troubleshoot in an efficient manner.
- Contribute towards the collaborative team environment by keeping an open and healthy communication channel.
- Rich hands-on experience in writing Java, Scala or C++ code, using best industry practices.
- Fluent in one of the scripting languages, such as Python, Perl or Ruby
- Has a solid foundation of data structures and algorithms and ability to apply them in real world problems.
- Understand the complexities of multi-threading and concurrent programming, specifically in Linux OS.
- Experience with big data technologies(hadoop/map-reduce), distributed and scalable architectures is a plus.
- Working knowledge of databases like Postgresql/mysql.
- Exposure to AWS technologies is an added advantage.
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast is a fast-growing, late-stage, pre-IPO startup headquartered in San Francisco with offices around the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can confidently be their authentic self.