Senior Software Engineer, Real-time Bidding Platforms
At Quantcast, we use technology to help brands and publishers understand, reach and influence the constantly-changing behaviors of consumers. The Real-time Bidding Platform owns and operates the large scale distributed stack which allocates millions of dollars of advertising budget to billions of bid opportunities streaming into the system. If you’re interested in working on these critical, fast, large scale distributed systems then we’d like to meet.
Working side-by-side with engineers and modeling scientists you will build and operate intelligent bidding, optimization, prediction and control systems that power different parts of this stack. You’ll lead projects to optimize the throughput of the stack while reducing costs and increasing advertising performance. You’ll drive design and implementation of new products for clients that’ll involve multiple teams and services.
Your typical work day includes:
- Scaling our bidding systems to process millions of requests per second
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Improving development, testing, monitoring and operational tools and processes
- Talking to customers and users, discovering their requirements and helping plan for building their next feature requirements
- Profiling and optimizing bidding machines at the JVM, Kernel, network and CPU levels
- Setting up and running experiments to improve stability and bidding performance across the stack
- 4+ years experience developing and working on distributed software systems
- Experience delivering improvements in scale, runtime, cost, features or reliability under little supervision
- Excellent skills in distributed system and software design, concurrent algorithms, data structures and software engineering
- Hands-on experience with Java, C, Go or a similar language
- Degree in a topic related to Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and has employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.
Back to top