Senior Software Engineer, Prospecting
The Prospecting team’s vision is to help our customers better understand their audiences and to deliver relevant advertising across all internet media. The team builds and operates real time prediction and control systems that power all our advertising products at scale. This means getting up-close and personal with cutting edge machine learning techniques and advertising delivery systems. You’ll have the opportunity to leverage Quantcast’s massive computing power to build tens of thousands of predictive models, use these models to make over 2 million advertising decisions per second, and deliver advertising to relevant audiences 24x7.
We are looking for top tier talent to solve day-to-day advertising campaign issues, identify opportunities to improve our machine learning and advertising delivery technologies, and implement those improvements to reach relevant audiences on behalf of our advertisers. We are interested in Senior Software Engineers with a strong production development background as well as a keen interest in data analysis, machine learning and control systems. You might have used one of our open source projects like QFS,or maybe you’ve read our blog post on how we manage the key-value distributed store using Keebler. If this sounds like you, join the team that’s building the next generation pacing services.
- Design, build and operate automated platforms for running complex targeted advertising campaigns.
- Build internal tools used to operate these platforms.
- Develop techniques to extract meaningful insights and analytics from petabytes of data.
- Own the day-to-day product operations.
- PhD in computer science or a related field with 1+ years of relevant industry experience; M.S. with 3+ years of industry experience; or B.S with 6+ years of experience.
- Proficient in Java, C++, or another object-oriented language.
- Experience with large scalable distributed fault-tolerant real-time systems.
- Proven ability to lead technical projects from conception to production.
- Development experience in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Experience in any scripting language(PERL, PHP etc.) is a plus.
- Proficient in relational database technologies such as Postgres or MySQL.
- Familiar and comfortable with agile development methodology.
- AWS experience preferred.
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top