Senior Software Engineer, Inventory Quality
Quantcast is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our Inventory Quality team in our London office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast runs the world’s largest AI-driven insights and measurement platform directly quantifying over 100 million web destinations. Using machine learning to drive human learning, Quantcast provides brand marketers and publishers with meaningful audience insights, predictive targeting and measurement solutions across the customer journey.
London is one of 3 engineering centers from where Quantcast builds, operates and improves its entire tech stack. Quantcast follows a total ownership model with each team owning development, QA and operations for their software. In London, we build and run core services for Quantcast’s advertising product, such as our inventory platform, our anti-fraud & brand-safety systems and client-facing campaign configuration services. We are looking for experienced engineers with a real passion for engineering high scale, low latency, high volume internet products.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help lead our efforts in designing, implementing, and operating large-scale engineering, data and machine learning systems in a production environment. You will develop software to efficiently operate 100s of billions of transactions a day in sub-100ms environments. You will also develop techniques to extract meaning from petabytes of data, either to model suspicious online behavior to track down botnets and other fraudsters, or to understand and describe the interests and trends of the online community.
The Inventory team provides critical services to our targeting systems and interfaces with our partners that includes top brand names in advertising tech. This team helps to drive improved performance for brands by delivering relevant advertising across the digital ecosystem. They build defenses in order to protect brands against fraudsters trying to siphon money out of the advertising space.
- Engineer, operate and constantly improve large scale global systems that respond to 100s of billions of requests per day, peaking at QPS of millions
- Innovate with new designs and optimizations to improve the performance, elasticity and fault-tolerance of existing infrastructure
- Build and operate mission-critical monitoring/measurement and alarm/alert systems
- Engineer and operate solutions for automation, configuration management, CI/CD, software troubleshooting and system troubleshooting
- Provide tooling for other software engineers to run their services
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years experience with high volume data processing
- Experience with Distributed Computing / MapReduce or other large scale computing systems such as Hadoop, Kubernetes and Spark
- Hands-on experience creating high performance programs in Java, Python or similar object oriented programming language
- Experience in high volume data processing in the online space
Posting Closure date: 17 October 2018
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and employs more than 700 employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.
Back to top