This tight-knit group of software engineers based in Singapore is tasked with developing and running Quantcast's real-time bidding infrastructure at its high-performance network edge - a world-class, globally-distributed software infrastructure handling tens of billions of real-time transactions per day, currently up to 2 millions per second.
Members of the Inventory team are passionate about designing, building and running high-throughput, low-latency systems. Whether it's for a code one-liner or an entirely new design, these developers tirelessly tweak, optimize, re-architect, and refactor until the last drop of performance has been juiced from the system.
A candidate for this position will be an expert with a proven track record in design and development of large-scale distributed computing systems or high-availability real-time systems. This person understands networking well, perhaps has developed their own distributed protocol, high-availability network component or similar. This person possesses sound network protocol, algorithms, and systems fundamentals, and, most of all, will be eager to apply this knowledge in a real-world setting on a live, massive-scale system.
While many companies have globally distributed infrastructures with high traffic demands, Quantcast may be the only one of these in which you will be expected to have your hands on the system of a very large scale, pushing mission-critical production code within a matter of weeks.
- Take full ownership of the development, and operation of a highly complex and globally distributed system to be scalable and to handle tens of billions of real-time transactions per day
- Develop systems and techniques to apply proprietary Quantcast data to ad campaigns and interface with 3rd party ad systems in real-time systems with millisecond response times
- Rapidly troubleshoot the system and fix bugs where needed
- Innovate with new designs and optimizations to enhance the performance of existing infrastructure
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Passionate about engineering work and engineering excellence
- Expert in Java or C++
- Proficient in at least one of major scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, shell)
- Good understanding of networking protocols (HTTP, TCP/UDP/IP, etc.)
- Understanding of Linux and running software systems on Linux
- Familiarity with and passion for designing large-scale distributed systems
- Familiarity with operating software in Production environment or an experience in a devops role in a team responsible for large-scale system is an advantage
- Networking development experience, experience with developing and operating high performance real-time systems and/or experience of being part of a devops team is a major advantage
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor