Quantcast is hiring Full Stack Senior Software Engineers to join the Product Engineering team in our San Francisco office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast uses machine learning to drive human learning. We’ve built one of the largest computing infrastructures in the world, collecting a constant stream of data from over 100 billion events a day, across 100+ million directly-measured destinations. In addition to this global network, Quantcast has engineered elite map-reduce and real-time processing clusters at a substantial scale, processing an average of 30+ PB of data every single day for various machine learning and data mining applications.
Our product engineering team develops products that deliver valuable audience insights to our customers in the publishing and marketing worlds. Having built various successful products for these customers separately, we are now building state-of-the-art, direct-to-consumer products that bring Publishers and Marketers together.
In this role, you will have a major impact on how the world perceives and interacts with our products. We hope that you’ll bring your love for application development to help us build truly outstanding technology and products!
- Work with your team to determine product direction and customer needs.
- Develop and improve big data systems that drive our Audience Insights.
- Share knowledge and standard methodologies with engineering teams.
- Work with data modeling scientists to use and apply their models.
- Participate in a team-wide on-call rotation to keep the systems ticking along.
- Build our customer facing UI/UX to provide tools to help with campaign management and advanced analytics directly to the end customer
- Develop tool sets that support a number of core business operations at Quantcast
- Build data pipeline and server infrastructure to drive Quantcast targeting products for publishers
- Implement REST APIs that expose the underlying data for consumption by UI and/or clients.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field and 5+ years of software development experience
- Expertise in programming with Java. Proficiency in another language like Python, Scala, Go etc
- Experience with developing consumer facing web applications using ReactJS
- Strong understanding of various web technologies and frameworks
- Have a solid foundation of data structures and algorithms and ability to apply them to real-world problems.
- Working knowledge of databases like Postgresql, Mysql, ElasticSearch etc
- Curiosity for new technologies, and a desire to build the best products.
- Object-oriented application development experience
- Working with distributed big data systems using Hadoop MapReduce
- Exposure to AWS technologies
- Experience with Spark & Druid
Quantcast is an advertising technology company and the creator of an innovative intelligent audience platform that empowers brands, agencies and publishers to know and grow their audiences online. Our solutions are leveling the playing field for our customers when it comes to effectively reaching audiences online and helping them power a thriving free and open internet for everyone. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast has adopted a hybrid work model. The model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. The effectiveness of the implementation may differ based on location or team, so please consult with your manager for further information. Through at least the end of 2021, we are providing additional flexibility, including relaxing the in-office schedule and offering flexibility around the number of days and which day one is required to be in the office. Hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or apply for our fully-remote work program. To ensure the safety of everyone, all U.S. employees working from a Quantcast office or who meet clients are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Outside of the U.S., we encourage all employees to get vaccinated.