Quantcast is hiring Full Stack Senior Software Engineers to join the Product Engineering team in our San Francisco office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast uses machine learning to drive human learning. We’ve built one of the largest computing infrastructures on the planet, collecting a constant stream of data from over 100 billion events a day, across 100+ million directly-measured destinations. In addition to this global network, Quantcast has engineered world-class map-reduce and real-time processing clusters at a massive scale, processing an average of 30+ PB of data every single day for various machine learning and data mining applications.
The Product Engineering team is responsible for developing products to deliver valuable audience insights to publishers and marketers alike. Having built successful Publisher products, now we like to empower Agencies and Marketers to achieve their campaign goals. We therefore expand the team to take on this challenge about building state of the art direct to consumer products that bring Publishers and Marketers together.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will help build and improve the applications and distributed systems that allow the customer to create and configure campaigns and to learn from the highly valuable insights about the Audience. You will thrive in an environment where independent decision-making is the norm. Individuals in this role will be excited to keep up with the fast evolving open source based big data technologies and applying it to our stack when applicable.
You should be comfortable implementing REST APIs that expose the underlying data for consumption by UI and/or clients. Individuals in this role will want to work on our many open-ended problems and will have an opinion when it comes to selecting the right tool/technology for the job (and the ability to explain why!)
- You will work with your team to determine product direction and customer needs.
- Share knowledge and standard methodologies amongst the product engineering team and the wider engineering organization.
- You will work with data modeling scientists to use and apply their models.
- You will participate in a team-wide on-call rotation to keep the systems ticking along.
- Creating our customer facing UI/UX to provide tools to help with campaign management and advanced analytics directly to the end customer
- Developing tool sets that support a number of core business operations at Quantcast
- Building data pipeline and server infrastructure to drive Quantcast targeting products for publishers
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field and 5+ years of software development experience.
- Expertise in programming with Java. Proficiency in another language like Python, Scala, Go etc.
- Experience with developing consumer facing web applications using ReactJS
- Strong understanding of various web technologies and frameworks
- Have a solid foundation of data structures and algorithms and ability to apply them to real-world problems.
- Working knowledge of databases like Postgresql, Mysql, ElasticSearch etc and passion for new technologies and driven to build the best products.
- Working with distributed big data systems using Hadoop MapReduce is a nice to have
- Object-oriented application development experience
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Passion for new technologies and driven to build the best products
Quantcast is an advertising technology company and the creator of an innovative intelligent audience platform that empowers brands, agencies and publishers to know and grow their audiences online. Our solutions are leveling the playing field for our customers when it comes to effectively reaching audiences online and helping them power a thriving free and open internet for everyone. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 18 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast adopted a #hybrid work model in March 2022. This model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. Implementation of our hybrid model may differ based on location or team, so please consult with your hiring manager for further information. All hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or, if eligible, apply for our fully remote work program. To ensure the safety of everyone, all U.S. and Canada employees working from a Quantcast office or who meet clients are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Outside of these locations, we encourage all employees to get vaccinated.