At Quantcast, data is king, and we know how to process it. The unique features of our custom map/reduce implementation include a revolutionary petabyte sort mechanism; an efficient and flexible petabyte join and lookup, based on innovative data indexing and partitioning mechanisms; dynamic task size adjustment in running jobs; and a self-tuning system that learns and improves job performance without developer intervention. In the last 5 years it has allowed Quantcast to scale from processing 400 to 40,000 terabytes of data per day. For the typical ETL, analytics, and machine learning work at Quantcast, our big data processing platform is on average 4 to 5 times more efficient than the popular open source solutions.
Quantcast is looking for Senior Engineers to help build the next generation big data and real time processing platform. From integrating and improving new open source technologies, to inventing your own, there are many opportunities to have a tremendous impact.
- Design and develop high performance distributed computing systems
- Diagnose and produce system solutions to big data problems
- Perform design, architecture, and code reviews
- Mentor and grow more junior team members
- Innovate in the big data space: lead, not follow
- Provide technical input into product roadmaps for the team
- BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3 years of industry experience in software development
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems
- Experience optimizing the performance of large-scale distributed systems
- Deep understanding of distributed systems
- Proficient in Java and/or C++
- Strong software development skills (version control, code review, testing, release, monitoring, debugging)
- Proficiency and high level of insight into Linux OS and running software systems on Linux
Quantcast is an advertising technology company and the creator of an innovative intelligent audience platform that empowers brands, agencies and publishers to know and grow their audiences online. Our solutions are leveling the playing field for our customers when it comes to effectively reaching audiences online and helping them power a thriving free and open internet for everyone. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast has adopted a hybrid work model. The model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. The effectiveness of the implementation may differ based on location or team, so please consult with your manager for further information. Through at least the end of 2021, we are providing additional flexibility, including relaxing the in-office schedule and offering flexibility around the number of days and which day one is required to be in the office. Hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or apply for our fully-remote work program. To ensure the safety of everyone, all U.S. employees working from a Quantcast office or who meet clients are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Outside of the U.S., we encourage all employees to get vaccinated.