Senior Software Engineer - Data Warehouse, Data Services
The Data Services team owns the data backbone of Quantcast’s advertising business. This means that we build systems that ingest, refine, and make available, tens to hundreds of terabytes of data on a daily basis, and serve up petabyte-scale datasets for use in Quantcast’s industry-leading audience targeting and automation systems.
We’re looking for a Senior/Staff-level Engineer to lead our efforts in Data Warehousing, data modeling and ETL to provide the company with a clean, consistent and comprehensive view of our business. Quantcast is a fundamentally data-driven company, and we view improved data insight as a critical component of the scaling and direction of the company as a whole.
We use MapReduce, QFS, Java, Python, Ruby, AWS, Redshift, and we’re open to new technologies.
- Take the lead on Data Warehousing and data modeling within the Data Services team. This includes:
- Own vision and engineering execution (including taking the lead in hands-on coding) related to the company Data Warehouse (prioritizing, scoping, planning, implementing, operating)
- Establish and implement a flexible and maintainable data model and ETL architecture for future growth, including best practices for extracting, transforming and integrating new data sources (internal ones as well as external) swiftly and reliably
- Mentor engineers in improving and extending Data Warehouse architecture according to these standards, to support an increasing number of data sources and business functions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of professional Software Engineering experience- 2+ years of experience working with Data Warehousing concepts (ETL, schema design, dimensional data modeling)
- Experience with the full software development life cycle (scoping, prioritization, planning, execution, operation, end-of-life) and the tools that assist it (source control, continuous integration, deployment tools)
- Experience leading and coordinating software development projects across 2-3 engineers
- Experience working with non-engineer stakeholders, identifying business problems, managing expectations, translating use cases into technical requirements
- Experience with distributed computing systems (e.g. MapReduce)
- Java or Python programming skills
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top