Senior Software Engineer, Data Services
- Take the lead on ETL architecture and data modeling within the Data Services team. This includes:
- Own vision and engineering execution (including taking the lead in hands-on coding) related to ETL and data warehousing (prioritizing, scoping, planning, implementing, operating).
- Establish and implement a flexible and maintainable ETL and data warehousing architecture for future growth.
- Establish and enforce best practices for extracting, transforming and integrating new data sources (internal ones as well as cloud-hosted) swiftly and reliably.
- Mentor engineers in improving and extending team architecture according to these standards, to support an increasing number of data sources and business functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of professional Software Engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience working with Data Warehousing concepts (ETL, schema design, dimensional data modeling)
- Experience with the full software development life cycle (scoping, prioritization, planning, execution, operation, end-of-life) and the tools that assist it (source control, continuous integration, deployment tools)
- Experience leading and coordinating software development projects across 2-3 engineers.
- Experience working with non-engineer stakeholders, identifying business problems, managing expectations, translating use cases into technical requirements.
- Experience with distributed computing systems (e.g. MapReduce)
- Java or Python programming skills
Meet Some of Quantcast's Employees
Lindsey looks at performance targeting pipelines for Quantcast to pinpoint inefficiencies. Then, she shares processed insights on customer targeting to make it better down the road.
Back to top