At Quantcast, data is king, and the Cluster Services team knows how to process it. The unique features of our custom map/reduce implementation include a revolutionary petabyte sort mechanism; an efficient and flexible petabyte join and lookup, based on innovative data indexing and partitioning mechanisms; dynamic task size adjustment in running jobs; and a self-tuning system that learns and improves job performance without developer intervention. In the last 5 years it has allowed Quantcast to scale from processing 400 to 40,000 terabytes of data per day. For the typical ETL, analytics, and machine learning work at Quantcast, our big data processing platform is on average 4 to 5 times more efficient than the popular open source solutions.
Quantcast is looking for senior engineers to help this team build the next generation big data platform. From integrating and improving new open source technologies, to inventing your own, there are many opportunities to have a tremendous impact.
- Design and develop high performance distributed computing systems
- Diagnose and produce system solutions to big data problems
- Perform design, architecture, and code reviews
- Mentor and grow more junior team members
- Innovate in the big data space: lead, not follow
- Provide technical input into product roadmaps for the team
- BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3 years of industry experience in software development
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems
- Experience optimizing the performance of large-scale distributed systems
- Deep understanding of distributed systems
- Proficient in C++ and/or Java
- Strong software development skills (version control, code review, testing, release, monitoring, debugging)
- Proficiency and high level of insight into Linux OS and running software systems on Linux
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor
Quantcast is a fast-growing, late-stage, pre-IPO startup headquartered in San Francisco with offices around the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can confidently be their authentic self.