Are you interested in building big data systems? The Brand team plays a key part in helping Quantcast evaluate over 100 billion transactions a day, powering our high performance advertising product. To continue expanding, to handle larger data sets and bigger clients, Brand Engineers constantly build and refine all parts of our Brand pipeline, which is built on our offline cluster (processing 30-40 petabytes a day), our realtime edge system (2 million+ transactions a second), and our client facing tools. We create products for Quantcast’s biggest brand-name and highest spending customers to effectively target their most desired audiences online at enormous scale through highly customized campaigns based on a wide variety of machine learning and data processing techniques.
The most important traits of the Brand team are ownership and executional excellence. Here, you can say “I built that” and know that everyone can depend on your results. For example, we recently built the new Search Powered Audience (SPA) product and provide it to 100s of clients to run campaigns 24/7. This started as a hackathon project and within a year has grown to be a core Product on our team, reliably serving many of our clients.
Your typical work day may include:
- Scaling our cluster jobs and edge systems to process billions of cookies and 100k targets very quickly
- Building new forms of targeting based on demographics, behavior, interests, search, and other attributes from scratch to highly successful products serving 100s of clients
- Participating in or leading design review and brainstorming sessions
- Consolidating pipelines to create new, easy-to-use combinations of data products
- Mentoring other engineers
- Speaking to clients or at conferences
- Improving deployment, testing, monitoring and operational tools and processes
- 5+ years experience creating high performance programs in C++, Java or similar language(s)
- Experience leading projects or developing new products that deliver significant improvements in scale, features or reliability under little supervision
- Excellent skills in system and code design, algorithms and data structures
- Degree in a topic related to Computer Science or Mathematics, or equivalent experience
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor