Senior Software Engineer, Audience Platform
Quantcast is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to work on the Audience Platform team in our Seattle office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast runs the world’s largest AI-driven insights and measurement platform directly quantifying over 100 million web destinations. Using machine learning to drive human learning, Quantcast provides brand marketers and publishers with meaningful audience insights, predictive targeting and measurement solutions across the customer journey.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of the team that builds and maintains third-party data integrations within one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the advertising space. You will define and implement the distributed systems that power insights for publishers and brands. You will thrive in an environment where independent decision-making based on product requirements is the norm. Individuals in this role will be excited to keep up with the fast evolving Amazon AWS tech stack as well as the open source based big data technologies. You should be comfortable in all aspect of building a backend like defining and implementing a new data pipeline, implementing algorithms or implementing APIs that expose the underlying data for consumption by UI and/or clients.
The Audience Platform team is responsible for developing Quantcast’s connections with brands and other data partners and integrating them with Quantcast's vast first-party dataset. The Audience Platform team works with the Product Managers and our customers to help define and refine the products and roadmap.
- Work with your team to determine product direction and customer needs
- Develop and improve the backend and the big data systems that drive our Audience Platform
- Share knowledge and standard methodologies amongst the wider engineering teams
- Work with data modeling scientists to integrate with their models
- Participate in a team-wide on-call rotation to keep the systems ticking along
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, related field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience in building distributed big data systems using Hadoop MapReduce, Apache Spark or equivalent
- Solid foundation of data structures and algorithms and ability to apply them to real-world problems
- Proficiency in Java, Python or C++
- Real passion for building data pipelines, ETL systems at scale
- Data modeling / warehousing experienceWorking knowledge of databases like PostgreSQL/MySQL, HBase
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and has employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.
Back to top