Senior Software Engineer - APIs, Data Services
The Data Services team owns the data backbone of Quantcast’s advertising business. This means that we build systems that ingest, refine, and make available, tens to hundreds of terabytes of data on a daily basis, and serve up petabyte-scale datasets for use in Quantcast’s industry-leading audience targeting and automation systems.
We’re looking for a Senior/Staff-level Engineer to lead our development of data APIs, to enable internal and external clients easier, cleaner and more straightforward access to our powerful data sets and data processing backends.
We use Java, Python, Ruby, Play, MapReduce, QFS, Postgres, AWS, Redshift, and we’re open to new technologies.
- Take the lead on API efforts within the Data Services team.
- Design and build APIs to enable flexible import and export of business-critical data, as well as powerful custom reporting, for both internal and external users.
- Establish and implement API architecture for future growth, including best practices for how to design and implement API endpoints, and ensuring that they’re backed by a performant, scalable, highly available back-end.
- Mentor engineers in improving and extending API architecture according to these standards, to support an increasing number of use cases and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of professional Software Engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience designing, implementing and operating business-critical APIs.
- Experience with the full software development life cycle (scoping, prioritization, planning, execution, operation, end-of-life) and the tools that assist it (source control, continuous integration, deployment tools).
- Experience leading and coordinating software development projects across 2-3 engineers.
- Experience working with non-engineer stakeholders, identifying business problems, managing expectations, translating use cases into technical requirements.
- Java or Python programming skills.
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top