Senior Software Engineer
Quantcast’s new Seattle office is looking for awesome engineers interested in solving juicy technical challenges. We’re a successful pre-IPO big-data company building our next-generation analytics engine that empowers our customers by improving the way they understand their audiences. Quantcast receives millions of data points per second and is aiming to turn that stream into immediately available and actionable insights for our customers. Quantcast pioneered internet audience measurement and is now looking to revolutionize the field again.
As an engineer on the Seattle team, you’ll help design and build systems that produce industry-changing analytics and enable our customer to work with us in new ways. Processing petabytes of data per day, devising new ways of understanding the data, and scaling out the systems to support internet-scale audiences are just some of the challenging problems you’ll tackle. To accomplish this, you’ll be joining a team of startup veterans and senior engineers that will make this ambitious vision a market-changing reality.
- Launch, iterate, and have end-to-end impact on our new high-visibility product
- Solve complex big-data problems in a highly-scalable and maintainable way
- Work with customers to implement improvements in a lightweight agile environment
- Establish office culture as a founding member of the Seattle team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years in software engineering
- 2+ years in a senior software engineer role
- Proficient in Java (or similar language)
- Experience with a MapReduce framework
- Bonus: experience with Cassandra, stream-processing, or AWS-based systems
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top