Senior Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
At Quantcast, data is king, and we know how to process it. The outstanding features of our custom map/reduce implementation include a groundbreaking petabyte sort mechanism; an efficient petabyte join and lookup, based on innovative data indexing and partitioning mechanisms; multifaceted task size adjustment in running jobs; and a self-tuning system that learns and improves job performance without developer intervention. In the last 5 years it has allowed Quantcast to scale from processing 400 to 40,000 terabytes of data per day. For the typical ETL, analytics, and machine learning work at Quantcast, our big data processing platform is on average 4 to 5 times more efficient than the popular open source solutions.
Quantcast is looking for senior engineers to help build the next generation big data and realtime processing platform! From integrating and improving new open source technologies, to inventing your own, there are many opportunities to have a tremendous impact! Are you the person who will help us innovate and lead in the big data space?
- Design and develop high performance distributed computing systems
- Perform design, architecture, and code reviews
- Mentor and grow more junior team members
- Innovate in the big data space: lead, not follow
- Provide technical feedback into product roadmaps for the team
- BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3 years of industry experience in software development
- Experience optimizing the performance of large-scale distributed systems
- Proficient in C++ and/or Java, and high level of insight into Linux OS and running software systems on Linux
- Strong software development skills (version control, code review, testing, release, monitoring, debugging)
Quantcast is an audience intelligence and measurement company headquartered in San Francisco. Combining machine learning, a privacy-by-design approach, and live data drawn from more than 100 million online destinations, Quantcast provides software, information and advertising services for marketers, publishers and advertising agencies worldwide. Founded in 2006, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top