Senior Privacy Counsel
Are you a self-starter with a passion for impacting organizational change? Do you thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments? Do you love using your legal background to solve complex business challenges?
Quantcast is seeking a Senior Privacy Counsel to join the Legal and Corporate Development Team, reporting to the Chief Privacy Officer, in our San Francisco office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast runs the world’s largest AI-driven insights and measurement platform directly quantifying over 100 million web destinations. Using machine learning to drive human learning, Quantcast provides brand marketers and publishers with meaningful audience insights and predictive targeted advertising across the customer journey.
The Senior Privacy Counsel will partner with other legal team members to evolve and manage the global privacy program of an organization that processes thirty quadrillion bytes of web surfing data per day. In this role, you will go far beyond privacy compliance; you will have the opportunity to educate, influence and drive positive privacy decisions for internal teams, for our customers, and for our industry, worldwide.
You will make an impact by influencing business decisions and collaborating cross functionally across the entire company. You are a leader with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to think big picture and pay attention to details.
- Embed with product and engineering teams to understand Quantcast’s products and provide business-savvy privacy counseling to design privacy into our products.
- Provide privacy guidance and related risk management advice to all groups across the company, including our Marketing, Sales, Product, Engineering and Security teams.
- Manage privacy processes like data protection impact assessments and data subject access requests.
- Collaborate with our advertiser and publisher customers around privacy issues, including by providing privacy support on contract negotiations and campaign approvals.
- JD from a highly-ranked law school
- California Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to apply for/maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
- Significant experience in the Privacy field in any combination of law firm, corporate environment, or regulatory role, with preference for in-house experience at a tech company. Engineering or technology background a plus.
- Familiarity with US federal, state, and international privacy laws, regulations, and methodologies
- Passion for building relationships and making a difference
- A great teammate!
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and employs more than 700 employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.
Back to top