Quantcast seeks a passionate and skilled network engineer with proven experience in large-scale network design, and networking protocols for the Edge Services team.
We’ve built one of the largest computing infrastructures on the planet, collecting a constant stream of data from over 100 billion events a day, across 100+ million directly-measured destinations. In addition to this global network, Quantcast has engineered world-class map-reduce and realtime processing clusters at a massive scale, processing an average of 30PB of data every day for various machine learning and data mining applications.
The ideal candidate for this role will be excited at this type of scale, possessing a knack for network design and experience leveraging internet routing techniques. We are looking for someone to take our global CDN by the horns and improve its latency and availability; to reengineer our compute clusters for even higher throughput; and to automate our corporate IT network so you can sleep through an ISP outage knowing your customers still have great internet access.
- Expand existing anycast BGP network to new datacenters in new regions globally
- Lead technical direction of BGP peering, directly and via Internet Exchanges
- Develop tools to monitor latency of the network and troubleshoot problems
- Interface with engineering groups to provide insight into network performance & reliability
- Design and troubleshoot high-performance cluster networks, including up to the OS layer
- Maintain and expand corporate network services, including upkeep and config of leased lines at remote offices, IPSec, and OSPF routing
- Participate in 24x7 rotating on-call roster
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Networks, related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Thorough knowledge of BGP and its use in Anycast and traffic engineering
- Knowledge of common internet peering arrangements and the network backbone
- Comfortable with Linux
- Scripting skills in Bash/Shell, Python, Perl, or Ruby required
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor