Senior Manager, Engineering, RTB Platform
- London, United Kingdom
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast runs the world’s largest AI-driven insights and measurement platform directly quantifying over 100 million web destinations. Using machine learning to drive human learning, Quantcast provides brand marketers and publishers with meaningful audience insights, predictive targeting and measurement solutions across the customer journey.
At the core of Quantcast is a real-time bidding system, that addresses advertising opportunities across the open internet. This system processes over 2 million bid opportunities per second, where each bid opportunity must be evaluated and responded to in under 100ms (including transit time). Scoring and processing are supported by over 25,000 cores at peak load.
As a leader on the RTB Platform, you are responsible for a team that develops and operates one of the most important and sophisticated systems at Quantcast. This means scaling and operating a multi-region distributed system, with tight latency and availability SLAs, while controlling costs and meeting the needs of your customers.
- Scale the bidding system to drive business outcomes while controlling costs
- Work closely with principals engineers to develop, circulate, and execute on a technical roadmap
- Develop strong relationships with your customers in order to anticipate and meet their needs
- Coach and develop the members of your team from both a technical and soft skill perspective
- Build a well-balanced team by partnering with talent acquisition
- 5+ years of engineering experience, 3+ years experience in engineering management, developing technically strong teams
- Experience developing and operating real time low latency, high volume distributed systems
- Experience with all phases of software development (design, development, test, operations, end-of-life)
- Experience building and operating distributed systems on one of the major cloud platforms
- The ideal candidate would have hands-on experience with either Real Time Bidding (RTB) in AdTech space, High Frequency Trading (HFT) systems, or something of similar scale.
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and has employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top