Senior Engineering Manager, Publisher Engineering
What is the Publisher Engineering team?
Quantcast’s publisher team is responsible for developing products to deliver valuable audience insights and products to publishers. The publisher engineering team works closely with both internal and external customers to help define and refine product and ideas. As a leader in the publisher engineering organization you’ll have access to our complete tech stack and company resources to run this business critical team.
What’s so interesting about this?
You will work directly with customers and product managers to identify key needs and requirements in order to deliver value to publishers. You’ll have a chance to showcase and sharpen your cross-functional expertise in areas from large-scale computation, systems architecture and through to front-end web apps. You will completely own the operations and architecture of your product and be an integral part of the product design and customer feedback cycles.
We are working with a modern technology stack to implement a micro-service architecture on AWS. Some of the specific technology you have at your disposal is a large map/reduce cluster, which processes upward of 30PB/day, and a set of service development tools based on the Play framework.
In this role, you’ll get an opportunity to build new functionality and products that are both very compelling to our customers and challenging from a technical perspective.
- Grow and develop the team
- Work with customers directly to understand their needs and design and develop solutions directly for those customers.
- Balance building operational improvements against new feature development to ensure an operationally excellent product while delivering against the customer’s requirements
- Drive exceptional systems quality
- 10+ years building web-based system, with at least 3 in a management capacity
- Skilled at bridging the systems/business divide and making technical decisions to best serve the customers
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow a cross-functional software team
- History of leading teams through the delivery of complex products from inception through development, delivery and refinement
- Experience in either large scale data systems or machine learning a big plus
- Experience running systems using Amazon Web Services.
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top