Senior Engineering Manager, Inventory Performance
- Make an impact. Quantcast performs world-class data modeling and engineering of realtime systems with a relatively small engineering team. Data science is the backbone of Quantcast; your impact will be much greater here than at a large company.
- Thrive in a full Big Data ecosystem. Quantcast has invested heavily in its compute infrastructure and has vast amounts of data to aid in decisioning. Almost the entire platform has been built or extended in-house to achieve our rigorous computational needs, with many systems returned to the open source community.
- Make a name for yourself. We publicize our work through open-source projects, blog posts and papers, and we work with amazing advisors, like Trevor Hastie and Jerome Friedman.
- Great timing. We are a fast growing pre-IPO technocracy.
- Manage several projects, including prediction and control systems that are designed to efficiently drive sales and engagements for our clients.
- Lead, don’t follow. Drive innovation and contribute to intellectual property. Identify and propose new systems and techniques that bring business value. Everybody codes and participates.
- Hire and manage a growing team of 10+ engineers and scientists of all seniority levels.
- Advise other data science teams and projects in London and globally.
- Ensure that the team is focused on commercially relevant projects, that the pace of innovation is rigorous, and that we meet stringent design, performance and robust quality standards.
- Interface with other teams and leaders in Engineering, Product Management, and Business Operations.
- Prior experience managing machine learning engineers and scientists with production delivery requirements.
- Strong academic credentials (e.g. PhD in machine learning from a top school, history of presenting at conferences and being published, etc.).
- Expertise in one or more machine learning areas (e.g. classification, control theory, optimization, clustering, recommendation systems).
- Proven ability to translate business and commercial needs into technical solutions.
- Demonstrated fluency as a software engineer in Java, C++ or similar, with an understanding of system performance, scalability and reliability for online and offline applications.
- Experience building complex machine learning models over large datasets, especially in the advertising or behavioral targeting sectors.
- Proficient in using data mining tools such as map/reduce, R, SQL, MatLab, etc.
Meet Some of Quantcast's Employees
Lindsey looks at performance targeting pipelines for Quantcast to pinpoint inefficiencies. Then, she shares processed insights on customer targeting to make it better down the road.
Back to top