Senior Data Warehouse Engineer, Data Services
- Take the lead on Data Warehousing and data modeling within the Data Services team. This includes:
- Own vision and engineering execution (including taking the lead in hands-on coding) related to the company Data Warehouse (prioritizing, scoping, planning, implementing, operating)
- Establish and implement a flexible and maintainable data model and ETL architecture for future growth, including best practices for extracting, transforming and integrating new data sources (internal ones as well as external) swiftly and reliably
- Mentor engineers in improving and extending Data Warehouse architecture according to these standards, to support an increasing number of data sources and business functions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of professional Software Engineering experience- 2+ years of experience working with Data Warehousing concepts (ETL, schema design, dimensional data modeling)
- Experience with the full software development life cycle (scoping, prioritization, planning, execution, operation, end-of-life) and the tools that assist it (source control, continuous integration, deployment tools)
- Experience with any of the ETL tools such as Informatica, Pentaho or Talend.
- Experience working with an MPP database such as RedShift, Teradata
- Experience working with non-engineer stakeholders, identifying business problems, managing expectations, translating use cases into technical requirements
- Experience with distributed computing systems (e.g. MapReduce)
- Java or Python programming skills
Meet Some of Quantcast's Employees
Lindsey looks at performance targeting pipelines for Quantcast to pinpoint inefficiencies. Then, she shares processed insights on customer targeting to make it better down the road.
Back to top