Senior Data Scientist
- San Francisco, CA
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to join the Data Analytics & Insights (DAI) team at Quantcast. We want you to lead projects that support our cross-functional business teams in driving growth, running operational efficiency and delivering outcome based approaches to improve client relationships.
In this role, you will be part of the corporate data science team supporting both internal & client facing teams through thought leadership, consultative services and development of tools that influence sales/service strategy, campaign performance and custom analytical solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from all available structured and unstructured data sources, this includes incorporating data & insights from external sources as needed.
- Deliver customer focused, high quality analysis with minimal mentorship.
- Present findings in client-facing settings or to other external partners on an as needed basis.
- Develop framework/tools for performance & profitability analyses that ensure goals align with customer expectations of Quantcast’s product suite and present actionable insights to leadership teams.
- Mentor and contribute to team efficiency/process improvements.
- Design, supervise and analyze controlled experiments (i.e. A/B, multivariate, etc).
- Build predictive models that ensure goals align with customer expectations of Quantcast's product suite.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Commercial/Sales, PMM and other cross-functional partners to help evolve Quantcast’s service offerings.
- Provide analytical services to key clients that demonstrates thought leadership and value to improve the customer relationship.
- Find opportunities and lead technical improvements for our internal partners and the DAI team.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a data scientist.
- You have a strong education: a bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (statistics, computer science, MIS, economics, etc.). Master’s is ideal.
- You have worked in strategy consulting or client-facing professional services experience.
- You are proficient with designing, analyzing and troubleshooting controlled experiments (causal A/B tests, multivariate tests).
- You have sophisticated knowledge and specialist at mentoring other team members in the use of data science tools such as R, Python, Julia, SQL, MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive and Big Data technologies.
- Experience working with large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- You are a business thought partner with a strong analytical approach and enjoy using data to improve processes, while maintaining service level expectations.
- You have proven algorithmic problem solving skills and practical experience with machine learning.
- Sophisticated knowledge of causal inference is preferred.
- A consistent track record for crafting raw data and analysis into well-written and persuasive content.
- You have extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a specialist in gathering requirements, prioritization, and leading projects.
- You are highly self-motivated, focused, and attentive to detail.
- You have an ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and dynamic startup environment.
- You are comfortable delivering presentations and facilitating discussions with both internal business partners and external clients.
Quantcast is an audience intelligence and measurement company headquartered in San Francisco. Combining machine learning, a privacy-by-design approach, and live data drawn from more than 100 million online destinations, Quantcast provides software, information and advertising services for marketers, publishers and advertising agencies worldwide. Founded in 2006, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top