The Research Analyst is an integral role within the Engineering organization at Quantcast. As a Research Analyst, you will work closely with business operations to solve day-to-day advertising campaign execution issues, identify opportunities to improve the machine learning and optimization technologies used by our Advertise & Measure products, and implement solutions. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, curious and has a natural aptitude and interest in analyzing data and troubleshooting. The Research Analyst is an ideal role for individuals seeking to build or further a career that is grounded in engineering and data science within the company.
- Troubleshoot advertising campaigns and provide actionable recommendations to resolve issues.
- Be part of on-call rotation to support key account campaign launch and delivery on certain weekends and holidays.
- Work cross-functionally with Media Operations, Client Strategy, Engineering and Modeling to develop best practices in campaign setup, execution and optimization.
- Investigate system failures, identify root causes, and design solutions to make our systems better. Implement improvements or influence other teams to do the same.
- Present findings to various stakeholders as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Economics, Computer Science or Statistics preferred. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Proficiency with Postgres SQL (or any form of SQL) is a must.
- Two or more years of hands-on experience in online advertising preferred.
- Strong analytical, strategic and creative problem solving skills.
- Experience managing online advertising campaigns and thorough understanding of major success metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of ad serving technologies desirable.
- Experience with one or more real-time bidding (RTB) ad management, DSP and SSP platforms desirable.
- Experience with designing experiments.
- Strong communication skills.
- R, Java, MapReduce experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to work with extremely large datasets.
Quantcast is a technology company specialized in real-time advertising and audience measurement. As the pioneer of direct audience measurement in 2006, Quantcast has today the most in-depth understanding of digital audiences across the web, allowing marketers and publishers to make the smartest choices as they buy and sell the most effective targeted advertising on the market. More than 1,000 brands rely on Quantcast for real-time advertising. As the leader in Big Data for the digital advertising industry, Quantcast directly measures more than 100 million web destinations, incorporates over 1 trillion new data records every month and continuously processes as much as 30 Petabytes of data every day. Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Founders Fund, Polaris Venture Partners, and Cisco Systems. For more information, visit www.quantcast.com andhttp://vimeo.com/69925958.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, visit Quantcast’s Glassdoor profile.
Back to top