Principal Product Designer
Quantcast is looking for a Principal Product Designer to join our team of talented, passionate designers. We are focused on solving challenging problems related to understanding audiences and making digital advertising relevant and useful. To accomplish this objective, we leverage the largest proprietary media consumption data set, which gives us unique insights about human internet behavior.
Quantcast offers the best of both worlds which includes large company resources as well as a small startup environment to allow for greater impact. The Product Design team at Quantcast plays an integral part in every aspect of the product process from high-level product strategy and vision to the tactical design-develop-launch-iterate cycle. We’re doing extensive customer research, innovative design and data visualization, building a progressive front-end framework and leading a cultural shift for the entire organization to be more customer-centric.
- Lead overall design direction across all products
- Design simple solutions for complex workflows and large datasets – use data to tell stories
- Create high quality design deliverables including site structure, flows, wireframes, comps, prototypes, style guides and HTML/CSS
- Partner with Engineering, Product Management, and User Research to create products that are flexible, scalable and implemented to spec including contributing to front-end code
- Collaborate with other designers to create a cohesive cross-product experience including contributing to a working style guide
- Work with User Research to identify opportunities where research can inspire, optimize or evaluate the design; in the absence of research, have an intuition for what will work well
- Be an expert on your product area, your users, your competitors, and the design of big data
- Manage multiple channels of stakeholder input and user feedback; be adept at balancing conflicting inputs and finding elegant solutions
- Present design solutions to stakeholders at all levels (from peers to the CEO) with clear, articulate rationale for design decisions
- Act as an evangelist for design and user experience across the organization
- 7 to 10 years experience designing web and/or mobile applications
- Solid information architecture, interaction design and visual design skills
- Experience designing analytics tools or working with D3 is a strong plus
- Proficient with Sketch, Creative Suite, HTML, CSS and modern browser technologies
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
- Aspire to be a recognized thought leader
Stand Out Qualities
- Enjoy the iterative process of product development
- Obsess over details – UI consistency, microinteractions, and even project plans
- Organize your thought process and communicate effectively – especially when articulating design decisions
- Thrive working cross-functionally and with other designers
- Be passionate about technology, data, design and users
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top