Principal Software Engineer, Advertising
Quantcast is a pioneering company in big data and its applications in the digital world. Our systems are always evolving, and we’re looking for a principal engineer to lead the next generation architecture of our advertising backplane. It processes 100 billion transactions per day on behalf of thousands of customers, and the next generation will broaden its technical capabilities while enabling many more customers, partner integration points, and faster evolution as Quantcast continues to grow.
As principal engineer, you’ll work across multiple teams to drive consensus on architectural direction and design of key systems, and to help teams get them built. You’ll probably code some parts yourself, and you’ll play an active role reviewing other engineers’ designs and code and mentoring them on refining their craft. You’ll have a lot of influence on both the product and the organization. You’ll be involved in strategic technical decisions, you’ll help us build the team, and you’ll create career growth opportunities for other engineers who will learn from your experience and guidance.
- You’ll have more than a decade of experience solving a wide variety of engineering problems, particularly distributed systems, big data, high volume transaction processing, and services that operate 24x7.
- You will have led design, implementation, delivery and operation of large-scale, significantly complex software systems.
- You will have built, probably through hard experience, a strong sense of what makes good technical design of systems, services and APIs that are easy to use, easy to operate and age well.
- What you produce sets the standard for excellence on teams you work with, whether you’re writing code, design docs, documentation, or other communication.
- You’re good at communicating complex ideas simply, and at driving technical decisions to consensus.
- You’ve probably worked at a large company at some point in the past but are looking for a smaller, collaborative environment where you can have more impact.
Quantcast is a digital advertising company specialized in audience measurement and real-time advertising. As the pioneer of direct audience measurement in 2006, Quantcast has today the most in-depth understanding of digital audiences across the web, allowing marketers and publishers to make the smartest choices as they buy and sell the most effective targeted advertising on the market. Quantcast is dedicated to making display as relevant and effective as search, and currently delivers outstanding advertising campaigns for the world's leading advertisers and publishers and brings accurate audience measurement to over 100 million web destinations.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top