Front End Developer, Product Design
Quantcast is looking for a Front-End Engineer to join a small team of passionate designers solving tough problems related to understanding audiences and advertising. Design at Quantcast plays a large role in front-end application delivery and implementation, and your support in that role would help Quantcast build and maintain best-in-class Web applications.
Quantcast offers the best of both worlds from large company resources to small startup opportunity for impact. The Product Design team is an integral part of every aspect of the product process from the high-level product strategy and vision to the tactical design-develop-launch-iterate cycle. We’re doing innovative design and data visualization, building a progressive front-end framework and leading a cultural shift for the entire organization to be more customer-centric.
- Create interactive prototypes with front-end tools for research and product engineering purposes
- Take design assets like flat mockups, design files, static clickable prototypes, or example coded pages and translate those into production-ready front-end written with modern tools
- Build high-quality application interfaces with HTML, CSS and jQuery / Angular for delivery to Engineering
- Partner with Engineering to spec out APIs for access to Quantcast’s proprietary and partner data
- Pull actual data through APIs for use in prototypes or front-end deliverables
- Provide feedback to both designers and engineers on technical feasibility, speed and optimization, and possible alternatives to difficult interactions or animations
- Manage contributions to front-end framework, delivery workflow with Engineering and evangelism across the company
- 3+ years experience building front-end Web applications
- Strong experience in CSS animation and motion
- Strong experience in jQuery; experience with D3 a strong nice-to-have
- Strong experience in Angular.js, React or similar frameworks
- Some familiarity with Sketch, Photoshop or other design applications
- Familiarity or experience with front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Experience evangelizing best practices for front-end development
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
- Example of Web front-end you created or worked on
Stand Out Qualities
- Love clean, well-structured code – obsess over details
- Enjoy abstracting code out into reusable components, and documenting those for others
- Organize your thought process and communicate effectively – especially when articulating implementation decisions
- Thrive working cross-functionally and with designers
- Be passionate about technology, data, design, users or anything really…we love passion
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top