Engineering Manager, Inventory
Quantcast is a large-scale, big-data-driven organization that lives and breathes data, processing well over a million transactions a second and 30+ petabytes a day. The Singapore engineering team is a small but very quickly growing engineering organization with the responsibility of developing and operating some of Quantcast’s key products. Our engineers leverage our large data sets and a wide arsenal of tools across all of our technology stacks to build and run services, which directly contribute to the company’s bottom line.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to take on responsibility for one of our key service areas and drive our product roadmap to new levels. A successful candidate will come from a hands-on development background, be able to roll up his/her sleeves and write high quality code where needed. This candidate will also have a track record of managing a dynamic team of developers, creating and maintaining a roadmap of a distributed system or service where performance, latency or throughput are important factors. He or she will be an enthusiastic supporter of innovation, leading, inspiring and motivating the team, recruiting and retaining talent, managing performance and planning development efforts. The ideal candidate will have direct experience with operating software in production environments and the discipline and processes associated with it.
- Manage a dynamic and fast-growing team of highly motivated and skilled developers, including performance management, mentoring and thought leadership
- Planning, sourcing and recruitment of new talent
- Ownership of a design, development and operation of a key service in the company’s technology stack, including ownership of its roadmap
- Adapting and evangelizing high standards of development and operations good practice within the team and outside
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years experience managing team of developers, including performance management, talent planning, acquisition and retention
- Software development background, ideally Java and C++ programming skills
- Experience with distributed systems and networking
- Good understanding of all parts of software development life cycle, passion for best practices and track record in improving software development processes
- Agile development experience
- Operational and customer focus
- Excellent communication skills
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top