Engineering Director, Global IT
Quantcast is seeking an experienced Director, Global IT to provide great customer service to our global operations. We are based in San Francisco, but have employees in about a dozen locations worldwide. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to interface with industry leaders and decide how to improve the productivity of the whole company, from our math geniuses to our global sales force to our industry-leading executives.
You will be in charge of the satisfaction and productivity of our entire workforce, actively seeking out the best ways to deploy new technology in a cost-effective way. You should have a demonstrated track record of providing IT services for a fast-growing company.
- Employee desktop and laptops, including operating system, antivirus, and backup software
- Office networks, wireless, firewalls, and VPNs (some in coordination with Datacenter Operations groups)
- Management of cloud productivity platforms including departmental tools
- Corporate communications including email, phones, office networks, and video conferencing
- Ensures timely responsiveness and quality completion of incoming IT requests.
- Growing team members knowledge and responsibilities and ensure that they are challenged and can grow into new roles
- Develops and shares with management (and team as appropriate) metrics and reports to show areas where the team excels and areas where the team needs improvement.
- Monitors team job satisfaction and communicates needs in a timely manner.
- Manages recruiting process to hire necessary skills and takes necessary personnel action to ensure high performance of entire team
- Escalates issues to management as appropriate
- Clears blockers for the team
Education and Outreach
- Catalogs IT services offered by the company and maintains user and administrator documentation
- Designs and disseminates education for available productivity enhancement tools to new and current employees
- Interfaces with senior management to understand and anticipate critical needs and concerns, and utilize team to address those critical needs and concerns.
- Achieve and demonstrate high customer satisfaction
Planning & Strategy
- Develops and evaluates a directional plan for the IT department
- Understands and anticipates new technology needs of the company which will improve productivity
- Keeps up to date with new technology and makes business cases to implement new technology
- Ensures that current technology and processes are still providing value
- Solicits feedback from the rest of the company about areas of improvement, enacts improvements in a timely way
- Creates quarterly project plan, reports weekly on project and non-project work
- Understanding the needs of the company and capabilities of the team and builds team to cover current and anticipated skills needed
Security and Business Continuity/Safety
- Oversees backup and redundancy plans for company IT infrastructure and resources
- Maintains up-to-date records of hardware and software deployed
- Ensures licensing compliance with commercial software vendors
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top