QSC is looking for a Test Engineer whose role will primarily be to build complex test systems and validate QSC's product lines for both design verification and manufacturing. If you are interested in the AV industry (audio, video, control systems & analog and digital circuitry) then this job is for you! QSC is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of professional Audio Video equipment. QSC is a friendly work environment where “work hard, have fun” is literally one of the corporate values.
Independently or working with a team, you will be designing, developing, improving, fabricating and validating test platforms, softwares, and processes. This includes creating test plans, testing software/hardware writing test procedures, and creating/maintaining process documentation. You will also provide support and training for test related activities for Design, Production, and Sustaining.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs design, development, improvement and/or support of test platforms including but not limited to:
- Selection of test equipment based on, quality, cost, measurement capability, uncertainty and accuracy.
- Performing test coverage and test requirement analysis.
- Creating/modifying test plans, test fixtures and test software.
- Documenting test platforms including schematics, manuals and validation requirement/results.
- Contribute DFT and DFM expertise into the product design team.
- Measure, Collect, Analyze and Act on the Key Performance Indicator that define quality and efficiency of the test systems in product validation and manufacturing.
- Support design validation and reliability testing of the product thru’ the test development process.
- Support test process development within the NPI team to ensure successful transfer of product into manufacturing.
- Conducts root cause investigation into yield and quality issues in both Production and New Product Development.
- Creates/maintains test procedures to support other Test Engineering, Production and/or Design efforts.
- Creates detailed specifications for test platform hardware and/or software from general product test requirements including specifying calibration requirements.
- Creates validation requirements and performs validation of test platforms in a Production and Design environment.
- Evaluates and proposes processes improvements based on emerging technologies and/or industry developments in software/hardware.
- Coordinates with other engineers in the group and cross functionally to be consistent and build command test platforms and standards.
- Design, Develop and maintain the measurement modules for maximum reusability and increase productivity.
- Performs and provides training and/or mentoring on routine test methods, activities and practices technicians and operators.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Bachelor Degree in related discipline with relevant experience.
- Typically, 6 +years working in an engineering environment in developing, testing, and troubleshooting digital products
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Solid programming knowledge in LabVIEW and/or Matlab or equivalent system software. Minimum of 3+ years is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that clearly convey information and ideas. Ability to communicate in such a way to influence peers and management, as well as communicate well cross-functionally in a professional manner. Communication capabilities are strong enough to help drive change.
- Ability to create high level software diagrams using state diagrams, data flow diagrams in visio and ability to use Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, to a level of professional proficiency. Able to produce professional Engineering reports including introductions, conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to analyze and resolve technical problems of a complex nature quickly and independently, based on analysis and factual evidence.
- Ability to apply knowledge of electronic theory to practical applications, especially with respect to the development of Systems Engineering.
- Must be able to create and interpret technical drawings, schematics and printed circuit board layouts using industry standard E-CAD and CAD software.
- Write programs to communicate with DUT over TCP/IP, I2C, Serial, control the test equipment, acquire data, report results.
- Ability to perform minor assembly activities on test systems.
- Design, build, and/or procure special test tooling and fixtures.
- Working knowledge of Audio test instrumentation is strongly desired.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of mechanical design.
- Creating and using JTAG test scripts or Boundary Scan.
- Working experience in embedded Linux devices.
- Skilled in the use of test bench equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, Power supplies, Millimeters and any audio analyzer from AP, Agilent, R&S or National Instruments.
- Experience in pro audio testing is a plus.
- Understanding on Networking.
- Determine the maintenance and calibration schedule for production test equipment.
These statements reflect the general details considered to describe the principal functions of the job, and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Back to top