Systems Network Engineer
- Costa Mesa, CA
Who we are:
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem. https://www.qsc.com/systems/
What's in it for you?
QSC offers casual and dynamic environment where you are encouraged to thrive, think outside the box, take ownership and imagine endless possibilities. We collaborate, work hard and have fun. It's an opportunity to work with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. Be part of a great team and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more!
The Systems Network Engineer serves as networking subject matter expert of the QSC Applications Engineering Team. This role responsible for direct level III (top tier) support of internal and external partners, training program development and oversight of QSC topology testing /external technical partnerships. The role requires broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of the organization’s products, policies and practices. Occasional business travel is required.
This role requires you to work professionally with all levels of employees and interface well with external professionals, distributors, and dealers. This role possess exceptional communication, presentation and teamwork skills.
What you do:
- This role is highly independence. You be able to troubleshoot systems and make high quality decisions with minimal oversight. Must be able to identify training and documentation needs for internal/external partners and create assets independently where necessary.
- You are a direct support of QSC project sites requiring advanced (level III) network troubleshooting or configuration.• High-level troubleshooting of performance networks including software, hardware, and configuration.
- You are a direct support of and collaboration with internal teams (level I/II support, software quality assurance, hardware test) to provide the best possible outcomes for QSC clients.
- You development of network best practice and troubleshooting documentation for internal and external partners.
- You development and delivery of networking-related training topics to enrich the skill sets of internal and external partners.
- You management and technical leadership of strategic partnerships with external network tests labs, network equipment manufacturers and other networked AV manufacturers.
- You collaboration with research and development team to report and resolve 'bugs' found with QSC networked products in the field.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience you'll need to be successful:
- Overall at least between 5-7 years plus experience.
- 3-5 years direct experience with layer 2 and layer 3 networking.
- 3-5 Years Experience with VoIP/SIP communications.
- Programming or Scripting of C, C++, C#, JSON data structure experience desired
- Lua, Python, Perl are good indicators of necessary skillset
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related field desired.
- Understanding of Serial data communication is a plus
- Must be self-motivated with strong leadership abilities, creative and a quick leaner.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of Quality of Service (QoS), multicast and routing protocols
- Must have good knowledge of Ethernet switch CLI command line interfaces
- Must be an expertise with IPv4 Subnetting /VLSM
- Demonstrate good understanding of streaming Audio Visual media (RTP, SDP, etc.)
- Demonstrate good knowledge of VoIP/SIP communication.
- Solid understanding of SIP protocol, gateways, registrars
- Expertise in using and analyzing VoIP packet captures
- Troubleshooting SIP/Media negotiation issues
- Experience with VoIP administration a plus (any of Cisco, Avaya, Mitel, ShoreTel, NEC, Siemens, Samsung, etc.)
- Some understanding/experience dealing with POTS-type analog lines (FXO, DTMF, Loop-start, etc.)
- Administration of enterprise multi-level networks
- Understanding of SNMP Agents, Clients, MIB
- Experience with Linux shell environment
- Familiarity with modern IP-based Audio-Visual equipment is a plus
- Must be proficient be Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PPT)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting specific deadlines
- Good written, verbal & presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to make decisions within designated area of responsibility
Back to top