Systems Applications Engineer – Business Development
QSC seeks an experienced and self-motivated Systems Application Engineer to support the efforts of QSC's business development team. The focus will be on large end user clients by preparing and delivering technical presentations explaining products and services to customers and prospective customers. This role will confer with customers and technical teams to assess equipment needs to determine system requirements. This position must be able to work professionally within all levels of an organization.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the professional audiovisual or IT industries
- Experience as a Systems Application Engineer, Audio Visual Contractor and/or Consultant are highly desirable
- Audio Visual industry certifications in CTS, CTS-I, or CTS-D are a strong plus
- IT industry networking certifications such as CCNA or CCDA are highly desirable
- Must be fluent with computer technologies, networked audio systems, and DSP technology
- Experience with LUA scripting or similar is highly desirable
- Experience with third party control integration (AMX, Crestron, etc.) is highly desirable
- A working knowledge of EASE 4.0 is desirable
- Possesses strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and AutoCAD
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting specific deadlines
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to make decisions within designated area of responsibility
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review client system designs and make recommendations
- Learn the technical details around QSC solutions and clients infrastructure and needs.
- Create new strategies that assist QSC to position our solutions as the best solution for prospective clients.
- Manage customer relationships by providing exceptional follow up and exceeding client expectations and becoming their trusted advisor.
- Log client feedback and system data in Salesforce (company CRM) pending, active and closed opportunities within SFDC.
- Provide systems sales and technical support to large end user clients and onsite troubleshooting as needed.
- Manage client information discreetly and confidentially.
- Incident Tracking reporting and monitoring
- Monitor industry and competitive market trends.
- Coordinate sales leads with the Director of Sales - Systems.
- Participate in regional and local trade shows, seminars and customer product training.
- Assist and influence Product Development by acquiring and reporting application, use-case and customer requirements information
- Prepare written correspondence, documents, special reports, presentation materials and other documents in appropriate formats using word processing, spreadsheet and/or PowerPoint.
- Work on any special projects as requested/assigned by supervisor
- Assist all members of the QSC sales department as necessary to achieve the department's performance goals as well as QSC's corporate goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Meet Some of QSC, LLC's Employees
Tradeshow & Project Manager, Systems
Siobhan runs Marketing Team projects from initial concept to final delivery for QSC's Systems business unit. She sees that QSC’s people have a good time getting things done.
Back to top