Supplier Quality Manager
- Costa Mesa, CA
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
The QSC Supplier Quality Manager is a technical leadership position focused on product and process quality excellence. Utilizes technical expertise to implement and maintain effective supplier quality controls resulting in high product quality and customer satisfaction. The Manager provides leadership to the supplier quality team and supports the Director of Quality in the implementation of corporate quality initiatives.
- Lead and develop an effective supplier quality organization comprised of quality engineers and staff professionals.
- Solve new product and sustaining product quality issues.
- Plan and organize work activities and lead staff to execute tasks to assure quality at domestic and offshore suppliers and within QSC in-house manufacturing.
- Determine supplier process readiness, measure and improve process capability, and measure and improve process effectiveness.
- Lead staff to measure, report, and improve supplier quality performance.
- Lead staff to conduct supplier audits, including process audits and finished-goods audits.
- Guide staff to implement effective quality plans to support product development phases, from concept through to new product launches.
- Develop and implement process performance criteria to evaluate readiness of new products to advance from New Product Introduction status to Sustaining Production status.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline (ME, EE, or Industrial Engineering with specialty in Quality, preferred)
- Minimum 5-years’ experience as the principal quality manager in a medium volume, high-mix manufacturer of electronic or electromechanical products.
- Minimum 5-years’ experience managing supplier quality performance at offshore contract manufacturers desired. (Contract manufacturers could include system assembly manufacturers and/or design and build manufacturers.)
- Experience managing a quality department staff of minimum of 4-6 quality engineers.
- Subject matter expertise in the Body of Knowledge for ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer), CQM (Certified Quality Manager), and CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) required. Certification as a CQE and/or CQA is desired. See ASQ.org.
- Experienced with process control practices in the following types of operations desired: PCBA assembly, plastic injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, wood cabinet fabrication, system assembly and test.
Back to top