Sr Audio Power Amplifier Design Engineer
The Senior Audio Power Amplifier Design Engineer will design and develop audio specific power supplies and amplifiers with power levels ranging from several watts to tens of kilowatts. A successful candidate needs a broad technical background designing, simulating, fabricating, and testing both switch mode power supplies (SMPS) and class D audio power amplifiers. Candidate will interface with various other disciplines including mechanical, digital, and software engineering, operations, purchasing, and a variety of contract manufacturers.
Education and Experience:
- BSEE required, MSEE preferred
- 10 + years' experience in audio power amplifier design required
- Extensive experience with PSPICE required
- Extensive experience with schematic capture/pcb layout software required. Cadence Allegro preferred.
- Deep theoretical and practical knowledge of switch mode design required
- Magnetic design skills for inductors and transformers required
- Knowledge of design for agency compliance (FCC, UL, CE, etc.) required
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, in English
- Class D audio amplification background required
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving capabilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop power supplies and amplifiers for use in professional audio products.
- SMPS topology analysis and selection
- Magnetic design and prototype of inductors and transformers
- Test, qualify, and debug supply and amplifier to meet FCC, CE, UL, etc. standards
- Ability to work effectively with other design engineers, manufacturing, test engineering and outside suppliers to ensure a high quality, robust solution in minimal time
- Extensively simulate designs in Cadence PSPICE
- Ability to produce results in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional product development team
- Must be self-motivated in order to achieve assigned objectives with minimal supervision
- Travel to Asia and other countries approximately 5% of the time
Meet Some of QSC, LLC's Employees
Tradeshow & Project Manager, Systems
Siobhan runs Marketing Team projects from initial concept to final delivery for QSC's Systems business unit. She sees that QSC’s people have a good time getting things done.
Back to top