Software/Data Science Intern
If you are interested in the audio industry: sound, video, and control systems, software, firmware, and acoustics, this job is for you! QSC is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of professional systems equipment – and we have room for a Software/Data Science Intern to help us move forward. QSC is a friendly, laid-back environment where “work hard, have fun” is literally one of the corporate values.
This position is located in the Costa Mesa, CA office.
Your role as a Software/Data Science Intern will be to assist the internal technology team in designing, building, and populating a complex database. Once built, your role will be to work with the team build queries and dashboards to interact with the database.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate students preferred.
- No formal engineering work experience necessary
- Excellent organizational skill required
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to produce results in a dynamic work environment
- Must be self-motivated in order to achieve assigned objectives with minimal supervision
- Experience with LAMP, Access, SQL Server, etc necessary
- Experience writing complex SQL queries required
- Experience writing PHP required
- Experience creating and architecting database required.
- Excellent computing skills required
- Musician or other audio background a plus
- Other programming/scripting experience (C++, Lua, Python, etc.) a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create relational database for large dataset
- Populate database from excel files
- Create queries/dashboards as required.
Back to top