Software Engineer - Telephony
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
The Software Engineer - Telephony will work with an experienced team of software, firmware, and hardware engineers to develop our Q-SYS platform. Q-SYS is a fast growing, award winning, software and hardware platform built on cutting-edge audio, video and control products. This position will focus on maintaining and enhancing the telephony features of the platform.
The position is based in Boulder, Colorado.
- Develop world-class software within the pro audio, video & control industry
- Enhance the VoIP, telephony and conferencing capabilities of the Q-SYS platform
- Work with Software Quality Assurance to develop appropriate test strategies
- Perform other duties as assigned in an agile scrum environment
- At QSC you will not be a small part of a large team, but a large part of a small team
- B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 4+ years working in MS Windows and/or Linux software development environments
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with C/C++
- Solid understanding of SIP, VoIP, RTP/SRTP, TLS
- Understanding of softphone integration with systems from Cisco, Avaya, Mitel, Microsoft Skype
- Understanding of Voice codecs
- Experience with SIP stack integration
- Experience FreeSWITCH and/or Asterisk
- Experience with Linux, embedded Linux
- Familiarity with professional audio and video products is a bonus
- Passionate, persistent, creative - you find solutions to difficult problems and clever ways to work around them when necessary
- Great communication skills
- Must be self-motivated in order to achieve assigned objectives with minimal supervision
Back to top