Software Engineer - Applications
QSC is a world leader in the design and manufacture of innovative audio, video and control products for multiple markets including Installed Systems, Cinema, and Live Sound. We are seeking a talented and motivated Software Engineer to work with our growing engineering team on our state of the art Q-SYS platform.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of application software in Linux OS for a wide variety of projects for Q-SYS. You will have the ability to bring your own creative solutions to our customers and the audio, visual, and control product space while working in a dynamic and collaborative agile team environment.
This position is based in Boulder, Colorado.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience developing C++ application software in Linux OS
- Experience with one or more of the following areas:
- USB drivers and protocols
- Encryption protocols (TLS, PKI, SSH, OpenSSL)
- Streaming media protocols (RTP, RTSP, SRTP)
- Experience with TCP/IP, UDP/IP, HTTP
- Excellent software design, implementation, and debugging skills
- Passionate, persistent, creative - you find solutions to difficult problems and clever ways to work around them when necessary
- Ability to work collaboratively in an agile scrum environment
- Superb communication skills in English, both written and verbal
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop world-class software on our industry-leading Q-SYS platform
- Work with Software Quality Assurance to develop appropriate test strategies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Back to top