Shipping Clerk (Temporary)
QSC is looking for a Shipping Clerk on a 4-month temporary assignment to pick orders, palletize orders, load on the trucks and ship as directed. This position also receives materials into the warehouse, unloads trucks and participates in inventory functions. The shift for this role is from 9:20 AM to 6 PM.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma
- Minimum 1-year warehousing experience preferred
- Must have forklift experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 – 70 pounds
- Basic to intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Oracle knowledge a plus
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick orders
- Palletize materials in an efficient manner.
- Wrap pallets using the automated and manual equipment.
- Collect serial number information and transfer to Oracle.
- Ship using a variety of computerized and manual methods.
- Load trucks as required.
- Receiving Materials.
- Verify shipment paperwork to ensure delivery is valid.
- Unload truck in a safe manner using the correct equipment.
- Verify paperwork.
- Complete all required transactions.
- Properly identify materials.
- Move materials to their designated locations.
- Inventory Control.
- Maintain inventory in a neat and orderly manner.
- Assure all materials are properly identified.
- Keep damaged materials segregated.
- Conduct regular cycle counts as directed.
- Investigates and resolves material discrepancies.
- Participate in cross-training program as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Follow all directions given by management.
- Take care when handling products and pay careful attention to detail.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
These statements reflect the general details considered to describe the principal functions of the job and are not to be construed as detailed descriptions of the entire work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Back to top