Senior Sustaining Hardware Engineer
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
QSC is searching for a Sustaining Hardware Engineer who will provide post-release design support for professional audio, video, and control products as well as assistance with current and future product development. Specific activities will include qualifying alternate components and solving complex issues arising in production and in the field. These activities will require circuit design, schematic capture, PCB layout, and circuit simulation, plus hands-on digital, analog, and power electronics testing. In addition, the QSC Sustaining Hardware Engineer will be involved in design-to-value activities and work closely with engineering team members and technicians on multiple projects while having the opportunity to solve complex challenges.
- Specify, qualify, and design alternate components into existing digital and analog products
- EOL planning of major components in existing products
- Hardware design improvements including schematic design/capture, PCB layout, and testing to resolve issues encountered in released products
- Evaluate, manage, and implement design changes
- Design to value/cost for existing products
- Propose process improvements to resolve issues in design and manufacturing
- Assist with cross-department technical/troubleshooting training on new products
- Documentation of design and test work
- Work responsibly in a team environment and in an individual manner
- Work closely with embedded software developers to integrate hardware with software
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 4-8 years of electronic or electrical engineering experience in design, manufacturing or sustaining roles
- Skilled at computer-based electronic design, layout, and simulation (e.g. Cadence Allegro, Spice, etc.)
- Proficient with electronics test and measurement tools (Oscilloscopes, Audio Precision, Loop Analyzer, etc)
- Experience in the AV field is a plus
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Experience with component and system level troubleshooting for digital, analog, and power electronics products
- Ability to produce results in a dynamic work environment
- Must be self-motivated in order to achieve assigned objectives with minimal supervision
- Experience with C++ scripting and other high-level programming languages is a plus
See Inside the Office of QSC, LLC
QSC is an internationally-recognized brand, manufacturing and designing cutting-edge audio, video, and networking solutions. From digital systems to amplifiers, QSC delivers a wide range of durable and reliable equipment and applications for portable, production, corporate, and cinema events—giving audiences everywhere unforgettable experiences.
Back to top