Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
QSC is a world leader in the design and manufacture of innovative Audio and Video products for multiple markets including Cinema, Live Sound, and Installed Systems.
The QSC SQA team is looking for a talented and experienced SQA Engineer to support embedded software testing with our system solution products. The Senior SQA Engineer will be part of the QSC Software Quality Engineering team.
As a Test Engineer, you will participate in the creation of tests plans, test strategy, running tests, implementing build and test infrastructure, test automation, test lab ownership, ensuring good engineering practices by the team.
This position is based in Boulder, Colorado.
- Develop software test plans and test cases, testing and troubleshooting problems as a member of our Q-SYS software development team.
- Be an active member of the local scrum team in Boulder, and act as a conduit for all project related communication with global SQA members.
- Partner with subject matter experts, QSC engineers, and third-party engineers to understand test case business requirements and apply that knowledge when developing tests of your own design.
- Ownership of Lab infrastructure and act as a support Engineer.
- Participate in the software development process and report issues in our defect tracking system (JIRA).
- Provide additional information to the development team to expedite debugging.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a software quality assurance role.
- Embedded Testing/Quality Experience: You have working experience in embedded testing in an Agile development environment. You have a strong interest in End-to-End manual or automation testing.
- Proficiency in Selenium, Unified Functional Test (UFT)/Quick Test Pro (QTP), PSTools, AutoIT, Sikuli or any automation tools.
- Proficiency in Test Automation design (test harness) and its implementation preferred.
- Lab Experience: You will be in charge of Test Lab and will act as the first line of support for Lab related issues.
- Attention to Detail: You have a strong attention to detail and are able to think creatively and analytically.
- Collaboration: You are comfortable working with other, as you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with global teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and superb organization skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Self-Starter: You do not need anyone to keep you on track. You are organized and efficient
See Inside the Office of QSC, LLC
QSC is an internationally-recognized brand, manufacturing and designing cutting-edge audio, video, and networking solutions. From digital systems to amplifiers, QSC delivers a wide range of durable and reliable equipment and applications for portable, production, corporate, and cinema events—giving audiences everywhere unforgettable experiences.
Back to top