The QSC Sustaining Quality Manager is a technical leadership position focused on product and process quality excellence. Utilizes technical expertise to implement and maintain effective quality systems resulting in high product quality and customer satisfaction. The Sustaining Quality Manager provides leadership to the quality operations team and supports the Director of Quality in the implementation of corporate quality initiatives.
Education and Experience
- B. S. degree in a technical discipline (ME, EE, or Industrial Engineering with a specialty in Quality, preferred)
- Subject matter expertise in the Body of Knowledge for ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer), CQM (Certified Quality Manager), and CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) required. Certification as a CQE and/or CQA is desired. See ASQ.com.
- Experience managing an ISO9000-2015 Quality System as the principal quality manager highly desired.
- Minimum 5-years’ experience as the principal quality manager in a medium volume, a high-mix manufacturer of electronic or electromechanical products.
- Minimum 5-years’ experience managing supplier quality performance at offshore contract manufacturers desired. (Contract manufacturers could include system assembly manufacturers and/or design and build manufacturers.)
- Experienced with process control practices in the following types of operations desired: PCBA assembly, plastic injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, wood cabinet fabrication, system assembly, and test.
- Professional audio industry with transducer experience is a plus.
- Experience managing a quality department staff of minimum of 4-6 direct reports with a total staff size of minimum 20 persons.
- Experience managing an offsite staff is desired.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Chinese) is desired.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and develop an effective sustaining quality organization comprised of quality engineers, staff professionals, and staff supervisors.
- Plan and organize work activities and lead staff to execute tasks to assure quality at domestic and offshore suppliers and within QSC in-house Determine process readiness, measure and improve process capability, and measure and improve process effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain standardized processes for measuring, reporting, and improving supplier quality performance.
- Develop and maintain standardized processes for supplier auditing, including process auditing and finished-goods auditing.
- Lead the Company’s ISO9000 Quality Management System as the principal quality manager.
- Develop and implement process performance criteria to evaluate the readiness of new products to move from New Product Introduction status to Sustaining Production
- Perform other duties as assigned.
These statements reflect the general details considered to describe the principal functions of the job and are not to be construed as detailed descriptions of the entire work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Back to top